*Updated October 28, 2020
The library has new hours of operation and new routines to safely welcome you back, so you will notice some changes when you visit the library.
We are excited to see everyone again!
We are pleased to announce that the library has reopened, with some restrictions:
Visiting the Library
- Masks are required for browsing and computer use and disposable masks are available for patron use.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of the library.
- The library will limit the number of public permitted in the building at one time. We encourage patrons to do their best to limit their time in the library.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance between each other.
- When browsing, please leave any items not borrowed on the tables or shelf ends for quarantine and re-shelving.
- One public washroom will be available to patrons.
- Room rentals are not available at this time.
- The Children’s play area is not available at this time.
Borrowing & Returning Materials
- The library will continue to offer curbside service.
- All overdue fines are waived until December 31st, 2020. Overdue fines will begin on January 1st, 2021.
- Membership fees have been waived until December 31st, 2021.Our outdoor book drop is available 24/7.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours prior to check-in.
Computers & Wifi
- Free public wifi is available in the library and just outside of our doors.
- Three public computers are available during open hours on a drop-in basis.
- One-hour computer sessions can be booked outside of open hours, please contact us.
Services at the Library
- Printing/copying/scanning/faxing services will resume.
- Copier/printing will only be handled by library staff.
- *Standard print charges apply
- Exam invigilation will resume on a limited basis and by appointment only.
Health and Safety
- Library staff will be following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by the AHS.
- High touch areas are cleaned and disinfected frequently. A deep clean of the public space of the library is done between each open day.
- Staff will disinfect tables/chairs/computer keyboards and mice after each public use.
- Staff will assist patrons on computers at a distance wherever possible.
- Do not enter the library if you currently have or recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of the library and throughout the library.
- Masks are required and disposable masks are available for patron use.
Book Sale & Donations
- Donations of used books/materials will not be accepted at this time.
- Book sale items are unavailable until further notice.
- Monetary donations are still welcomed and appreciated.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00am-4:00pm